Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hydromulch

I saw hydromulch at the BRiCk. It looked like they were painting the grass very light green. But then I learned that it was just lots of seeds and fertilizer and green liquid to help the grass grow, because when they were building the BRiCk they had to dig all the grass up. So they put the grass back with a bunch of seeds called hydromulch. I also learned on wikipedia that aircraft can put hydromulch on places that had a fire. And helicopters put hydromulch on big places that need it.

5 comments:

  1. That was really cool, watching them "paint" the grass, wasn't it?! And I'm so proud of you for coming home and learning even more about hydromulch. It will be fun to watch it grow over the next couple of weeks! And I like how you added "and other scientific stuff" to you blog's title so that you can learn about anything - not just insects, fish, reptiles and animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, I always wondered what they were doing when they were "painting" the grass. Thanks for teaching me something new!!

    Love-Aggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome Conner man! We use to see that hydromulch on the side of the highway and we wondered if it was seeds or if it was just stuff to keep the water from washing away the dirt. You are doing a great job of learning stuff and then teaching other people about what you've learned! I'm proud of you little man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you might should post a before and after picture in a few weeks...help us know if hydromulch really makes a difference...
    (and thanks for teaching ME about wikipedia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew what hydromulch was!!
    Thanks, conner!

    ReplyDelete