Thursday, June 10, 2010

Coreidae

BooBoo sent me an email yesterday that said that squash bugs are invading her squash plants. But she didn't know what the real name for a squash bug was.

So today I learned that the scientific name for squash bug is coreidae. They look kind of like aphids but not green, and much bigger. They invade squash plants, and they are brown.I also learned that wikipedia is kind of like google. But you shouldn't mess around with it without a parent if you're a kid. You can learn about lots of cool stuff there though - like coreidae!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really smart! I learned something! Maybe you can teach how to get rid of them without poison. Will you help me dissect a chicken the next time you come visit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info Bug! I never knew the real name of squash bugs. I get smarter every time I read your blog! love you bunches,muah! me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I have some really sad news to add. After Coreidae kill all the squash plants, they move on to the cucumber, cantaloupe and honeydew plants. Sorry to say, but they've wiped out those crops for us this year! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa conner! I never knew that!

    ReplyDelete