Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bear Bonanza

I'm interested in teddy bears today because when I was trying to go to sleep, I was cuddling with a teddy bear. Mom suggested that I might want to write on my blog. When I was trying to think of something to learn about, I looked at my teddy bear and thought of bears. I told Mom that I've always wanted to learn about bears. A few minutes later, Mom said, "I know a cool story about why stuffed bears are called 'teddy bears.'"

So I looked up "teddy bears" on wikipedia. I learned that President Teddy Roosevelt went bear hunting. And they made a cartoon about it. Then people started making stuffed animal bears that they called "Teddy's bears."

I also learned that a president a long time ago, he was sick when he was a baby. It made it to where he couldn't walk anymore. His name was Franklin Roosevelt.

I think teddy bears are cool!

3 comments:

  1. and isn't it awesome that someone that is disabled can become president of the United States!! cuddly stuffed animals are super...and I have a couple of new ones at my house for you guys...Love you and love your tenderness of heart, my sweet Conner-bug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I love your exciting new Summer background!!
    P.S. My secret password was "hopper"...made me think of your blog on grasshoppers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting! Kaleb is so excited that you are teaching him something new every day! Thank You for being such a great cousin!
    We love you and miss you very much!! muah! Gammie, Kaleb and Kallie

    ReplyDelete