Monday, June 4, 2012

Amazing Amelia Earhart

The first time Amelia Earhart saw a plane she was 10. She was not impressed . On December 28 1920 Frank Hawks gave Amelia a ride. She said "By the time I had gotten 2 or 300 feet off the ground I knew I had to learn to fly."  Amelia was tom boy and had a .22 rifle she used to hunt rats. She graduated in 1915. Her first flying lesson was on January 3 1921. When she had enough money she bought a plane and named it the Canary. She broke the women's record by flying 14,000 feet. She disappeared on May 20 1932 when she tried to be the first woman to fly around the world. And that's the life of Amelia Earhart.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're writing again! I love to learn about what you're learning. ...and you DO realize that Amelia Earhart is a Madrigal (of the Cahill clan)? :) Looking forward to spending some of the summer with you and the rest of the WellsBros!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Amelia Earhart was a Cahill! :)

    Conner I am so proud of all of the research projects you've already done this summer! Let's get a few more on your blog, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete